IFRRO (International Federation of Reproduction Rights Organisations)
Position title: Office and Accounts Manager
Application closes: 28 February 2019
Starting date: Immediately
Contract Type: Full Time - an initial 6 month contract followed by permanent employment
IFRRO, the International Federation of Reproduction Rights Organisations, is the main international network of collective management organisations (CMOs) and creators’ and publishers’ associations in the text and image spheres. We have 150 members in more than 80 countries worldwide. We work to protect and enable easy legal access to copyright material. For further information about our work see: www.ifrro.org
The IFRRO Secretariat, a small team of five based in Brussels, is offering a full-time position starting immediately. The successful candidate will ensure the smooth running of our Brussels office on a day-to-day basis and provide administrative support, office & facility management, coordinating IT equipment maintenance and financial and accounting services.
Finance and accounting
• Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department: month and end-year process, accounts payable/receivable, cash receipts, general ledger, payroll and utilities, treasury, budgeting, cash forecasting, revenue and expenditure variance analysis, capital assets reconciliations, fixed asset activity, etc
• Monitor and analyse accounting data and produce financial reports and statements
• Produce financial documents for Board meetings and General Assemblies
• Establish and maintain proper accounting methods and policies and provide recommendations for improvement
• Coordinate and complete annual audits in collaboration with an external auditor
• Establish and link fiscal files and records to document transactions
• Provide accurate and timely financial information and reports to management to facilitate decision-making
• Maintain regular liaison with the external accountant and the Treasurer
• Coordinate the preparation and publication of the YEA
• Manage the office functions, including ordering of stationery and equipment, managing online and paper filing systems, managing correspondence and mail distribution, answering calls and updating and maintaining office management policies and procedures as necessary
• Coordinate with IT provider the functioning of all office equipment, including managing the remote PC assistance for staff and the analysis of IT software and hardware renewal requirements
• Manage contracts and price negotiations with office suppliers and vendors, service providers and lease of the premises
• Maintain the company database, keeping information secure by completing backups, and provide historical information through the filing and file retrieval systems
• Book transport, travel and accommodation for the executive and colleagues in liaison with the travel agency
• Serve as the administrative point of contact between the executive/office and internal/external clients
• Process monthly payroll for all level employees, including bonus payments, annual leave, overtime, sick leave, benefits etc.
• Maintain and keep personnel records up to date
• Maintain executive's diary and appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences and travel.
• Provide administrative support to the executive, and liaison between executive and members/third parties
Membership and Events
• Liaise with members regarding their membership of IFRRO, including handling queries about payment, invoicing and voting entitlements and other membership issues
• Correspond with new membership applicants, and collate the application documents for review by the membership committee
• Provide assistance in the organisation of IFRRO events and conferences together with the communication officer and the executive
• Manage sponsorship, grants and loans including loan and grant acquittals
• Provide assistance with the organisation of elections, including the distribution of the ballots, voting cards and count of votes.
• Keep records of the result of the elections and coordinate the publication of the changes in the structure and in the Statutes of the organisation with the Belgian authorities.
Your profile: key expertise & competences
• You have a minimum of a Bachelor degree
• You have minimum 3 years of experience in a similar position as Office Manager or Administrative Support
• You communicate fluently in English and in French, including strong written communication skills
• You have a positive, dynamic attitude and are a self-starter
• You have a very good command of the MS Office suite, in particular Excel
• You have a strong analytical mind
• You have very good organization skills: able to manage different projects at the same time
• You have experience in using accountancy software, WinBooks is an advantage
What we offer:
An international, dynamic and flexible working environment
A job full of variety with long-term perspectives in an international environment
A competitive remuneration package including meal vouchers
How to apply:
Please send a CV and a covering letter to Manuela Francesia email@example.com with the subject heading: Job application + your name by 28 February at the latest.
We will contact those candidates we would like to interview shortly after the 28 February deadline.